Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nope, still no baby!

We went to the doctor on Friday, and I was still only 1-2cm dialated. She did some "stretching" (sorry to be graphic) and said there was a 50% chance that would move things along. Last evening I began to have a few contractions and some bloody show (again sorry to be graphic, but I know mostly my women friends only read these long things anyway:P) so we sort of panicked since we were in the midst of the changing of the guards. Kathy had left in the afternoon and my brother was going to be picking up my mom at the airport at 9:30pm. We called my brother at around 7:00 and asked him and his wife to come over now and then they did and once they arrived the contractions stopped :/ I've felt okay since then and my mom and I even went for a long trip to the grocery store. So, we continue to wait and hope that he comes over the next few days because I really don't want to be induced!

2 comments:

2p said...

Kristin, I was about to send you a text but then decided to check your blog for an update. You know, I was "stretched" too...that's a nice way to say it! I thought we were on our way to having Sean but it all fizzled out. The OB did it again about 4 days later and eventually I was 4 cm. Just do some heavy calisthenics picking up your children repeatedly...worked for me! That's when Cathleen arrived.

The Thomas Family said...

I keep checking, hoping there will be some good news! Good luck...I hope he comes on his own soon!