Noah Buffalo was born on Friday, January 23rd at 2:52pm. Labor and delivery went smoothly. My doctor broke my water around 8am and they started the pitocin around 10:30. We were expecting to deliver around 6pm. At 1:30 my Dr came in to check me and I was 4cm dialated. She said she was heading back to her office to see patients at the other end of the hospital and said she check on me closer to dinner time. At 2:15 a nurse came in and told me the nurse who was taking care of me was on her lunch break. I told the nurse that I was feeling the contractions one after the other and that I was feeling a lot of pressure, she checked me and said your a full 10cm, you're gonna have a baby. At that point I thought I should wake Marc from his nap:) The Dr and my nurse rushed in and about 20 minutes later Noah was here.

It was so important to me that I held the baby as soon as he came out because I couldn't with either of the girls. There was heavy mecconium with them so they had to take them right away to be suctioned and checked by Peds. There was mecconium with Noah too but it was light so they let me hold him right away. Don't know why all three of my kids insisted on pooping in there.

Daddy cutting the cord, the doctor had to do it first because it was wrapped twice around baby's neck


1 comment:
Our love to all of you.........I love calling Noah "Baby Buffalo". Keep the pictures coming..........Love Dad & Berta
Post a Comment