So I got the new USB cord for the Nikon last week, turns out it's not the cord. GRRR! :-/ Marc thinks the memory card got reformatted (or something like that). We tried using a card reader, different computers and nothing. I contacted Nikon but I assume they outsource overseas, and lets just say that the info they sent me was useless and when I responded to their response they didn't respond back! Now I have 300 photos on our good camera and I'm praying we are not going to lose them. There are some great pics especially from the Air Show at the base. Not to mention Noah somehow managed to break off the little push button you press to take the pics and that controls the zoom on the Sony Cybershot camera. I was able to tape the button back on and get some pics on Easter but must've dropped the button at church because now I can't find it. :(
Anyways, Ella is back at school today after her spring break. We went to Mt Olive for the NC Pickle Festival on Saturday, nothing too exciting. Even though there were few similarities (certainly not the people) it made me miss Old Homes Day in Williamsville. I go through these phases where I just desperately want to be back in Buffalo. There are times I long for that comfortable, familiar feeling of "home". I really wanted to get back up there this summer but with Jamie & Nick and mom not being there anymore, it just won't be the same. This is by far the longest stretch ever not visiting Buffalo. Goodness, I think it's been almost 2 years! Since the fall of 09. Of course we have so many family and friends that we want to see and who would love to have us stay with them but with that being said my parents, in-laws and sister are the only people I feel comfortable staying with. When you have 3 little (sweet yet sometimes destructive and tantrum prone) children you can wear out your welcome pretty quick I would imagine. I decided that once Ella gets out of school we'll drive down to Fla for a few weeks to bum around with our family down there. My Dad wants to ride his Harley down here sometime this summer ;-o, my brother and his family want to drive up for a visit as do Jamie and Nick. Gina and Ryan asked Marc and I to be the Godparents of little boy Vaskovsky (due soon!!) and so we'll be driving to Chicago in August. So even without a trip home we'll get to see loved ones. Would love to get to Buffalo in the fall, since it's my fav time of year there, so maybe we can make that happen.
Oh on a more solemn note, Marc was diagnosed with diabetes last week. (Not sure he wants me writing about it-but if he says anything I'll delete this) He's been on the brink for the past few years with his glucose levels being high but with some sort of different test they used they could actually diagnose him with it now. He's certainly not heavy and his diet although not perfect is what I would consider to be normal and probably more healthy than a lot of typical Americans. He has to do Physical Training a few times a week for work anyway so he gets exercise so I don't know. He's just going to monitor his diet even more and up his exercise and see what happens, if no change he'll have to go on meds. Poor guy, I know he's a bit down about it. He told me he's falling apart :-( but I reminded him that these are the things that happen as we get older.
Monday, May 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kristin, I'm so sorry for Marc's diagnosis...certainly a surprise since he's much leaner and fitter (is that a word) than most. He'll be able to handle it like a pro once it sinks in.
As far as feeling homesick, I hope you guys stay in one place a bit longer and I'm sure it'll feel more like home. We've been in DC long enough-in our sixth year-that it's definitely more home to me than Florida. Of course, our family isn't here but that's life in the military. Adam really wants to move to the Carolinas after the AF so we'll have to plan a nice visit to your area and others in the next 10 years! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment