Monday, September 27, 2010

North Carolina, here we come!

Last week Marc got his new assignment, Seymour Johnson AFB in Goldsboro NC! We are so excited! Although Cocoa Beach and Tampa were the top 2 on our list, family aside, the Carolina's is where we wanted to be, so we are happy. My sister is so upset, especially since she just recently moved down here but we'll only be about 8 hrs away, which isn't great but certainly reasonable enough for trips on holiday breaks and summer. Which now, since Ella and Dominic are in school are really the only times we could get up there anyway.
The base sounds great, has everything we want and need. We are not sure whether or not we'll live on or off base, we are hoping to get up there soon to take a look at the area. I think I'm leaning towards off base, I feel like then we can have the best of both worlds. We've been looking at houses online, and they are beautiful and affordable. From what we've learned, all the surrounding areas are rural, so it'll be a change, but a welcome one. We've talked to the kids about the move, of course I'm concerned about the school situation with Ella but I'm sure it'll work out. I already told Marc that if it ends up being too much for Ella switching schools in the middle of the school year, that I would homeschool her the rest of the year and then she could start 1st grade in the fall. I think she'll be alright though, so we'll see. Marc's report day is Jan. 15th. He'd leave tomorrow if he could, but I think we'll leave in mid-December. Spend the holidays with our family and then be in NC by the New Year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is only 14 hours from Chicago:)

Anonymous said...

I love in Florida and I love it too. We just returned for NC a couple of days ago. Hubbys family is from there. It's beautiful!
Great blog and great pics. :)