Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Sorry Harley =(
So some of you may have noticed that there hasn't been any mention or photos of Harley, the dog we got in May. Well Harley went back to the Humane Society in July. He was definitely a lot of work but that wasn't a problem from me. We loved him but he just wasn't the dog for us. When we first got him from the shelter he was listed as a Lab/Pointer mix. The girl who brought him out to show us him thought he was part pit bull, she went back to ask her manager but came back and said that he wasn't. Lie. The bigger he got the more he began to look like a pit bull and even our vet thought so. We really tried to look past it. Especially because I truly believe, it's all in how you raise the dog. But after 3 close calls with him, I knew we couldn't keep him. One day when I was getting Noah out of the highchair Harley jumped on the chair and Noah fell square on his head on our ceramic tile floor it is a miracle he wasn't hurt. Then when we were at my sisters, he jumped on Gia from behind pushing her into the corner of the stucco house leaving her with a huge goose egg and cut and again it was a miracle her head didn't split. The next day he got a hold of a diaper that was laying next to the pool after I took it off Noah (now Marc told us that he heard that pit bulls mouths locking up is a myth) well I tried with all my strength to get that diaper from his mouth but it wasn't budging, he was growling and getting really angry. I knew then that was it, God forbid that was one of the kids toys or worse yet their arm. I took him that afternoon to the shelter near my sisters (I would have never done it myself but Marc was out of the country and my brother-in-law offered to take him but it had to be the owner). So I took him, it was awful, one of the worst days of my life. I sat on the floor of the "animal surrender" room and cried hysterically. I know it was for the best and the kids didn't seem to miss him (since all he did was jump on and nip them anyway) I really would like to get another dog eventually, one that will fit perfectly into our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment