Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Some family updates...

So, I thought I'd share a little bit of what's been going on with us lately...
Marc is loving his job. Next week he is going to Panama with the General. It's only a 4 day trip but it will be a great experience. We are still adjusting to his new schedule. When we lived in DC he came home for lunch everyday and he was done with work around 4:00. Now about 3 three days a week he stays late with the Gen. and doesn't get home until 7:00 or so, but those mornings he goes in later. With all the changes and the new baby on the way he's really taken on a lot more responsibility with the house and kids, which I greatly appreciate.

Ella is doing well. She is so funny, full of energy and smart as a whip but she definitely has her moments. We signed her up for a dance class and she starts next Monday. It is a combination class, tap, ballet and tumbling. She is excited, but I know she is nervous too. When we went to look at the school she was getting more and more anxious as the tour went on. By the time we got out to the car she was crying and said she didn't want to go (because she knows Mommy can't stay with her). I really hope that the class will help with her separation anxiety.

Gia is also doing well. She is officially a walker, most of the time. We took the girls for the yearly checkups on Tuesday, and although I thought Gia was a good size for her age, it turns out she's not. She is not even on the curve of the growth chart. She currently weighs 15 lbs. and is 26 inches. She also weighed 15lbs at her 3 month appt. and her 6 month appt. At first when the doctor expressed her concerns I didn't think much of it because Ella was small too. After her 1 yr. check up we had to take her for monthly weight checks because of her "failure to thrive", but today I found the paperwork from Ella's 1 year appt. and she was 18 lbs., 3 lbs heavier and an inch-and-half taller than Gia is. So, now I'm a little worried. Anyways, the Dr. decided to send us to an endocrinologist. We are waiting for the referral. It's funny though because people have been telling me for months now how Gia looks big for her age, and like I've said before it's got to be all the hair because apparently she's the size of 5 month old. I'm sure everything is fine and she's just our little peanut. Other than that she is great. Her personality has really blossomed over the past few weeks. She no longer crawls behind me crying for me to hold her all the time, and is content playing on her own or with Ella. She has just been a little ray of sunshine.

I'm doing well. 17 weeks along tomorrow. I'm still getting sick in the morning and I'm exhausted and my body aches by dinner time but overall I'm feeling good. I went for my first prenatal visit this morning and everything is great. The Dr. said it was a really active baby (although I've only felt a few flutters), she had to hold my belly in order to try to "pin down the baby" as she said, so she could get it's heartbeat. I have to go back next week so I can get set up for lab work and a sonogram.

Other than that, the next few weeks will be busy, Gina and Ryan are coming to visit this weekend and when Marc leaves for Panama his mom is coming and his Dad will be joining her the following week. We'll celebrate Ella's birthday on the 30th and spend a night at the Palm Beach Gardens PGA resort for a military appreciation Labor Day celebration and then a few days later we'll be meeting up with my family for our big trip to Disney.

One more thing I'd like to mention, two of our friends our deployed Josh, Dana's husband is in Afghanistan for 6 months. Poor Dana is expecting her second baby and Josh will not be able to be there for the birth. Carolyn's husband deploys with the Air Force rock band and they travel to different bases throughout Afghanistan and Iraq (is that right C?) Anyways, please keep them in your prayers, for safe travel and safe return.

1 comment:

2p said...

I love long text posts! Thanks for the mention of Adam and Josh. You are right about the general itinerary for Adam.

That's so weird about Gia being the same weight. Is she eating well? I'm sure she's just your cute peanut, which is funny to say because she was such a big baby!