Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Peanut Island

On Sunday we had a chance to go out on my brothers boat. We left Gia home with Grandma (thanks Grandma) and spent the day out on the water. Ella had a great time. She enjoyed the water and driving the boat but I think her favorite part was playing down in the cabin.
Peanut Island is a small man-made island off of West Palm. It felt a little strange being there because when Marc and I lived in Orlando 2003-2006 we'd go to my brothers for the weekend, go out Saturday night and to Peanut Island on Sunday. (We haven't been down there since about 6 months before I got pregnant with Ella.) We'd bring a cooler full of beer and cocktails and I'd be sporting a little bikini, this time we had a cooler full of drink boxes and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and I was wearing my "mom" bathing suit. Not to mention we're pregnant with our 3rd baby, my brother is expecting his first. At one point on Sunday my brother laughed and said to me, "What happened to us?", "I guess we grew up" I replied.




This was taken just moments before I almost drowned my kid. Someone pointed out a stingray that was swimming about a foot away from us and I tried to jump on Ella's float :/ Unless it's a cute dolphin or a manatee I don't want to touch it!

No comments: