It was about a 30 min. flight each way. We flew with doors open and I sat right on the edge, if I leaned over, I could see the water, ships and islands below. It was such a great experience. I'll have to rank it up there with my flight in a F-15!
I also got to tour the ship, I'm so glad that Navy recruiter was an A$$ that one day I walked 15 years ago. I don't think I'd still be in the Navy if I went that route. I don;t think i could live 6 months a crack in those settings. I toured the Mess (good food) and the bunks. The best was to describe the living arrangements is beds stacked 5 high in the boys gym locker room. No thanks. It was a great place to visit, but unless it's the Liberty of the Seas or Greg Norman's yacht, sea life ain't for me!!!
2 comments:
Really cool stuff Marc, oh the Porshe ain't bad either.
Oh, keep all the trip bloggage up, Marc! It's neat to see what you're doing in your new career field. Are you sure this is more exciting than public health?!
Post a Comment