Monday, August 23, 2010

Ella's first day of Kindergarten!!

Well, today was the big day, Ella's first day of kindergarten. As soon as I woke her up this morning she began to cry. She was saying "I'm scared, I don't wanna go". Of course my heart was breaking so I just encouraged her and gave her a pep talk, then Marc did as well. She was fine as we headed out the door and was good as we waited outside her class but once her teacher came out the waterworks began. We had to say goodbye to her at her classroom door, she went in crying, (the only one crying) she put her backpack and lunchbox down and we left. Surprisingly enough, I didn't cry. I know she is going to be fine and I know she will do well. She is the youngest in her class, she just made the cutoff by one day. Her teacher is sweet and luckily her friend from her pre-k class is in her class too. Because we live so close to the school (it's just outside the gate of our development) there is no bus so we have to drop her off and pick her up everyday. For the first week we can walk her to her class but after that we just drop her off in front of the school and she'll have to go in by herself :( She cried every morning for the first 3 months of Pre-K, I'm hoping that this year it won't take nearly as long for her to adjust. I can't believe our baby is in school!

There is a uniform dress code. Khaki or navy blue docker style bottoms and white, navy, red or yellow polo style shirts They can only wear T-shirts that are sold at the school and have the school logo on them.


No comments: