Saturday, April 28, 2012
Marbles Museum
Last Friday Marc and I chaperoned the first grade field trip to the Marbles Museum in Raleigh. We had a great time and the kids loved it. It was a little stressful though because we had our 3 and then 3 little girls from El's class to watch and the place was packed with tons of school kids. It was hard to keep track of them all but we did it :) It was nice because in the afternoon all the school kids left and there just a handful of people left in the museum so we were able to enjoy some of the activities in peace and quiet!
After we left the museum we did a little shopping and had dinner in Raleigh-enjoyed some civilization! :)
Snow! As part of the field trip we got to see Wild Arctic in 3D at their IMAX theatre. It was about global warming and how it's affecting the animals and the environment in Antarctica, Gia and I cried through the whole thing. (First time I've seen a movie about animals since I realized as a child I could not emotionally handle them, hopefully Wild Arctic my last!-Although, it was a very good, educational and moving documentary) Anyways, they had an outdoor area with snow because of the movie. All the kids loved it! It was Noah's first time seeing snow! After growing up in Buffalo, and seeing so much snow in my lifetime, it's fun watching kids who aren't that familiar with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment