Saturday, April 9, 2011

Thank you!

Thank you for your comments about the blog! So glad you are still checking it out :) I'm really going to try to keep up with it. I was able to post some pics today because I used our old camera but as soon as we get the USB cable I'll be sure to post the pics from the Nikon. I'm even actually thinking of starting 2 other blogs-likely right?! I want to do one that is all about my baking. I've had so much kind and wonderful feedback about my cakes and other baked goods, that I'd like to blog about it. I recently made some cakes and cupcakes for a silent auction bake sale at Marc's work and everyone loved them. (pics are on the good cam) A box of 4 of my cupcakes sold for $25. I had begun to do some research about selling baked goods from home and the process is overwhelming. Paperwork, inspections, environmental tests, permits, licenses, business plans and taxes-yuck! For now, if someone asks I'll be happy to make them something and I believe as long as I'm not advertising or referring to myself as a business I'm okay. Maybe one day when the kids are all in school and I get some actual baking/decorating classes under my belt I can start something up. I've also been working on another crafty venture. I'd like to start showing them on a blog first and then if there's a good response maybe I'll start selling them on Etsy (a website where people can sell their handmade crafts or vintage items). So I'll keep you posted on that. Anyways now that I've rambled on about me...thanks again for being here, it's means a lot to know that you care about what's going on with our cute little family :)

1 comment:

The Thomas Family said...

I'm still reading and loving your updates! Facebook is great, but blog is still best :) Now if only I could get my own updated...