I remember the days when I had time to post everyday, now I'm lucky if I have the time to sit down at the computer once a month. (Facebook is much easier to access via my iPhone) But I want to try and keep up with the blog. I'm going to post some of my fav pics from the past few months, there's been the visit with my grandparents and Dad, a visit with Gina & her family, Christmas, Noah's birthday, a family reunion in Orlando, Disney and life here in NC. All in all things are great. We love the house, Marc is enjoying his new job-I can't remember his title but he's running the Public Health Dept. He's actually in San Antonio this week for a conference and my mom is here. The kids are doing well, Ella will hopefully be starting school next week. Me, well, good despite the fact that raising 3 little ones so close in age (stairstep siblings-a term I'd never heard until recently here in NC when we happen to encounter sweet out ladies out and about) has got me exhausted and at times overwhelmed. Gia is adorable and such a comedian, everyone just loves her. She is sweet, friendly and loving but boy she's got an Italian temper and a diva attitude. She throws a fit when she doesn't get what she wants-basically, the girl is just spoiled. Noah is my sweet Mamma's boy. He just loves his Mommy and Daddy but he has entered the terrible two's, not that he throws a lot of tantrums but he is mischievous, a typical little boy, climbing anything he can climb and getting into anything he can get into. Last night he smeared an, entire stick of butter into the dining room table, this morning he climbed into (the empty) bathtub dumped a bottle of shower gel in it and was slipping and sliding around, he told me he was skateboarding. I put him in his crib at night he climbs out, that cycle repeats about a dozen times. Ella is still her cute self but can be so whiny sometimes and her and Gia fight a lot. Now, my days are just full of cleaning, refereeing, chasing, more cleaning, cooking, scolding, I don't even get a chance to sit during the day. But, they're my babies, I love them and those moments when we can play, laugh and cuddle make it worth it-most days :P Gosh, I use to think the hardest part of having three kids would be when Noah was an infant, Gia was still just a baby herself and Ella went from 1 sibling to 2 so quickly-little did I know that was the EASY part. Well, maybe once El is back in school and we are on a more strict schedule things will calm down a bit-I hope :)




























2 comments:
Kristin, Loved this blog post. The loads of pics is great but my favorite part is the "real life" text. It's so nice to know, even though I know it deep down anyway, that no one is supermom and we all have times where we are overwhelmed. It is true that it only gets harder...I thought it was harder too earlier but now, with all the arguing and whining from Sean I see that it just gets tougher and we should enjoy where we are right now. LOL, that's easy sometimes and impossible other days.
I so agree with Carolyn's comment! Great post, Kristin :) It's easy to write about all the good times on the blog because you're looking at all the pictures thinking, "ain't life grand with my adorable kids". But of course it isn't always so grand! Wouldn't trade staying home with my kids for anything, but it can be so dang challenging. Thanks for the update. Can't believe how big the kiddos are! And...amazing cake for Noah!
Post a Comment