Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ella's first day of kindergarten in NC

Well, El's first day went great! She was all smiles this morning, she cried a little bit as the kids entered the classroom but other than that, she was fine. Her teacher sent home a note that she had a fabulous day. Ella said she really likes it and has made friends with the exception of a little boy who sits across from her at her table. She said he pushed something of hers and stuck his tongue out at her :-/ But she didn't seem too bothered by it. I told her to ignore him but if he continued to do stuff like that to tell her teacher. When she got home she wanted to work with this word book she has so she could practice for school. I know she is so excited to get back in the swing of things, she loves to learn! From what I gather she won't be getting much homework. In FL she had it every night-on math night it was 5 pages- can't say I'll miss that! The day here is actually an hour and a half longer, school starts at 8:00 and lets out at 3:15 as opposed to 1:45 at her old school. They have a rest/nap time, which is good because that is a long day for little ones. She has seemed to mature since the beginning of the school year and we are so proud of her!

Here we go!

Cupcakes Gia & I made to surprise El for her first day

No comments: