It took HOURS but I hand stitched the entire costume (with the exception of her school shirt underneath) I cut, made, stuffed, stitched, and painted the felt bears and sewed them onto her dress.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Storybook Costume Parade
Instead of dressing up in Halloween costumes at school the kids did a Storybook Costume Parade. They had to choose their favorite book and dress up as a character from the book or as something that represented it. Ella's favorite book is The Three Bears, so we dressed her up as Goldilocks. A majority of the girls where dressed up as Disney Princesses and the boys as Spiderman or other superheros. The kids were suppose to carry the book with them, yet there were kids dressed up as video game characters and carrying video games. I'll never understand why some parents just don't follow directions and/or rules . (like parents who don't send their child in the required school uniform-ugh, that drives me crazy!) What does that teach your kid?! Anyways El's teacher stopped during the parade to tell me how much she loved her costume.
It took HOURS but I hand stitched the entire costume (with the exception of her school shirt underneath) I cut, made, stuffed, stitched, and painted the felt bears and sewed them onto her dress.


It took HOURS but I hand stitched the entire costume (with the exception of her school shirt underneath) I cut, made, stuffed, stitched, and painted the felt bears and sewed them onto her dress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment