Monday, August 24, 2009

My first fondant covered cake



I think it turned out pretty good considering it's the first time I ever made or worked with fondant. It was A LOT of work but worth it because I really enjoyed doing it. Ella's birthday is this weekend and I originally made the fondant for her birthday cake but I was nervous it wouldn't work out so I made a test cake to celebrate her first day of school, she loved the cake. I just need to find a recipe for a denser cake. The recipe I used today made a moist one which I love but makes it a little more difficult to cover. With practice, and the right tools maybe I'll become the next Ace of Cakes, well in my family anyway:)

1 comment:

2p said...

That's amazing for your first fondant, Kristin! I've never made that before but you might have just inspired me.