Monday, August 10, 2009

Ella's first medal and some updates


Ella with her soccer medal. She finished up her soccer class last week. We may sign her up for another session because she really enjoyed it. But this weekend we'll be registering her for little league baseball and that will start in the fall, and then in September we'll register her for a regular soccer league that starts in January. She decided she does not want to do dancing this year. Each activity costs around $150 so I can only imagine the money we'll be shelling out once all 3 kids are old enough for sports!

Gia wanted her picture taken too


Sorry, another pic of Noah's feet. I just can't get enough of them!

Updates...
Gia and Noah went for check-ups last week. Noah was 12lbs 6oz, he actually lost some wait since our previous visit just a week and a half before. Obviously we've been in this situation before with the girls but Noah is the smallest of the bunch. At almost 7 months he weighs what a typical 3 month old would weigh. The doctor is concerned and wants me to give him formula on a regular basis for a while to see if that helps.. A lot of people assume that if I feed him solids he will gain weight but, baby food isn't a source of fat and calories for infants so the doctor wants me to focus on primarily feeding him breastmilk and formula. He will go back at the end of the month for another weight check and hopefully he will have gained, if not looks like he'll have to go for some testing. Of course Gia is small too, she is 22lbs and in the 3rd percentile for weight, but at least she's on the chart now and she eats like a horse so I'm not worried. The doctor was really impressed with Gia's vocabulary and the fact that she was forming complete sentences. Ella is all set for Pre-K and will start on August 24th. She'll go everyday from 9-12, she seems to be excited and I am really excited for her.

2 comments:

akwaczala said...

Congrats to Ella, nice work!! We are proud of her. Looks like a bad "hair day" for Gia, I can relate!! Noah's feet are adorable. Wish I had those straight toes. I am sure everything will be fine with Noah. He is small but with his family history, he will be like the rest of us.

Sabrina J said...

Wow, they are growing up so fast. i can't believe Ella is in Pre-K and such an athlete! I love the video of Noah laughing. They are all sooooooo adorable.