Monday, February 27, 2012

Mommy on the run

So I have recently taken up running-well, walking/running. I'm doing the Couch to 5K program, which I really like. I've always wanted to run in at least a 5k but have hated running. This program makes it much easier. The first week you warm up with a brisk 5min walk then you run for a min and walk for a minute and a half and repeat that pattern 8 times and cool down with a 5 min walk. Each week the run intervals get longer until week 9 when you'll run a full 30 min. It's hard to find the time to fit it in though. The weekends are easy when Marc is home to watch the kids, but I have to wait until he gets home from work to run during the week. That time of day is the most hectic, getting dinner ready, cleaning up and getting the kids ready for bed, so luckily Marc's been extra helpful. Actually, it's been nice breaking away during that time because it's then that I need a break the most!

No comments: