I talked to my Dad the other day and he had mentioned that I hadn't updated the blog lately. I can't blog from the iPad and the desktop Mac wasn't working for a few weeks-but no worries I fixed it! I turned off the power cord, turned it back on and Voila! Its working again! Did I mention in my last post that I can't find the charger for our good Nikon camera? Well, still can't find it, I'll have to order a new one, so I only have our little Sony cam with the missing shutter button so I haven't taken many pics lately. As far as life goes, all is well. In the past month and a half Noah and Gia were baptized and we had lots of family and friends here to celebrate which was great. I was finally Confirmed and Ella was selected to be in the Gifted and Talented program at school. She also had a wonderful report card with 3 O's (for Outstanding) which the teachers told the parents at Open House that they don't give O's and it's highly unlikely for kids to get them. So proud of our Ella! Lots of good things going on. It's Thanksgiving today, so if you're reading this Happy Thanksgiving! We had planned to go to Fla but Miss Ella is diligently shooting for the Perfect Attendance trophy at the end of the year :-) and refuses to miss any school-so driving to Fla for a 3 day trip would've been too much. Our friends down the street invited us over for dinner at their house, we had a great time, I only had to make a couple things and I didn't have to clean up a big mess in my kitchen :) I was definitely feeling "homesick" today though, Im pretty sure this is the first Thanksgiving I've ever had without (extended) family. We're counting down the days 'til Christmas! The kids and I will head down to Fla to see family on the 26th. They are at the age now where I think it's nice for them to be able to wake up in their own house Christmas morning.
Just some random pics from the fall

Noah got a new (full size) big boy bed, thanks to Papa & Grandma. He does seem to sleep better in it, it's very comfy but he still ends up in our room most nights. For some reason Zoey will occasionally sleep with Noah, it's so sweet.

Carving & painting pumpkins

Decorating Halloween cookies



With camera issues I had to rely on other peoples pics for the baptisms, sad about that. The ones with my in-laws cam were all blurry and the ones I downloaded from an email my Dad sent me come up fuzzy in iPhoto so sorry about the crummy pics.


Ella received 2nd Place for her artwork at the Wayne County Fair :) Other than school work, reading, and playing school the only other thing Ella does is draw, color and make things. She literally went through a 100pack of construction paper in 4 days! Of course one of the O's she got was in art class :) *Oh and I just noticed I have this pic posted already-oops!

German Chocolate Cake I made for a neighbor down the street who wanted it for her Mom's Bday

Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting and Chocolate cupcakes with buttercream for a Thanksgiving Party at Marc's work.

Halloween cookies-obviously :P
No comments:
Post a Comment