Friday, July 29, 2011
Noah's trip to the ER
Okay, so this is old news, but I realized I never blogged about it! I put it on Facebook that day though, of course :) The day before we were suppose to leave for Fla at the beginning of June, the kids were playing in the girls room and Noah came out crying. Ella said he fell. When he gets a "boo-boo" he usually cries for a couple minutes and then he's fine. This time he kept crying and holding his arm. No matter what I did I couldn't get him to move it. I called Marc at work and Marc told me to give it a few minutes and if there was no change to call the Dr. Well he seemed to be in a lot of pain so I called the Dr. They sent us right over to the ER. Marc met us there and even though it was crowded for a Monday afternoon they got us right in, the triage nurse thought it might be broken, when I heard that I started to cry. I felt terrible , that I was a horrible mom because he possibly broke his arm and I wasn't even in the room with him. We went to the exam room the Doc came right in, he was so nice, and knew right away just by looking at it that Noah had dislocated his elbow. (still not sure exactly how it happened, if he fell on it the wrong way, or if one of the girls pulled it) The doc said he'd have to reset it and that it would be uncomfortable-for all of us and that he'd be right back. While he was gone poor Ella got so nervous that she threw up all over the floor, Marc and I were laughing and crying at the same time. The Dr came back in and quickly reset Noah's arm and right away he was as good as new! It was amazing! We were in and out of the ER in a half hour. The Dr said it's a common injury in children under 4 and once it happens the child is more susceptible to have it happen again-in case it should happen again the Dr showed Marc how to put the elbow back in-ugh. Something I def could not do. Glad that our baby was okay and that it was just a minor injury.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment