Monday, July 18, 2011

And...we're back!

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. With the end of the school year, some baking projects and preparing for our trips I didn't get a chance to blog. We drove down to Fla just a few days after school ended and stayed there about 2wks. We then drove back up to NC with my sis and her two boys, stayed here for a night and then started our trek to Buffalo. The trip really wasn't that bad. The kids were good, the hardest part was stopping at a hotel between here and NY. It was a lot for just Jamie and I to lug stuff up to a room and keep the kids occupied and trying to get them all to sleep. On the way home we sucked it up and (I) drove straight through. We left at 3am so the kids would sleep part of the way and with stops it was about 13 hrs. Our trip to Buffalo was great. It was good to spend quality time with my family and it's probably the most productive trip to Buffalo we've ever had. We did something fun everyday. The kids really enjoyed being with their cousins. It was an emotional trip for me, it was the first time we've been back since Jamie & Nick moved to Fla so it was sort of weird not going back to their old place and at first it didn't feel like home anymore but I really did enjoy staying at my cousin Amy's house, she's a lot of fun and easy going so I didn't feel stressed having 3 little ones running around her house. It's always hard to go back home and see family that you haven't seen in a while. It's like in your head time sort of freezes, you expect people and places to look the same as they did the last time you saw them but when you do see them and how time and age has changed them, it's scary. I'm just really glad we got the chance to go back, and that I had the opportunity to do things with my kids that I did as a young child. (yes I realize I have a lot of run on sentences, sorry)

Anyways, I decided to post pics from last month first and in another few days I'll post the ones from our trip. The girls are at Vacation Bible School this week and I'm teaching there so we're a bit busy. Papa and Grandma are coming at the end of the month for Gia's bday and then we are heading to Chicago mid-August! This is one crazy (but fun) summer!

No comments: