Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Life in NC...

Things here are going very well. The weather has been beautiful! I love it because it's warm-in the high 70's one day and the next day it'll be in the 50's. The varying weather is a welcome change from the constant heat of S. Fla. Ella is doing great in school. She no longer wants me to walk her to her classroom in the morning, she prefers I just drop her off in the car line. She bugged me for days because she wanted to take the bus home-I reluctantly let her. She now rides the bus home from school everyday, she loves it. She has really come out of her shell these past few months! A little girl from her class lives down the street so they've played together a few times, there's another girl from her class that lives near us, I haven't met her yet so we'll have to make our way down there one of these days to meet her family. She'll be playing soccer again this year, the season starts in a couple weeks. Marc's made some friends at work, one of which lives a few houses down from us, they have 2 little girls, one is Noah's age the other is 6mos. We've hung out with them and had some playdates. We also found a beautiful Episcopal Church in downtown Goldsboro. The people there are incredibly nice, every person we came across stopped us and introduced themselves and welcomed us. The girls will be going to Sunday school, Ella actually has been to one class so far-she was the only child there that day. I asked her if she wanted to go to class or go to the nursery with Gia and Noah but she surprisingly wanted to go to the class. There is also a children's choir, the girls went to their first practice last week, Ella liked it, Gia-the one that loves to sing, did not. She didn't like that she couldn't sing any of her own songs! Ha ha. So I'm not sure if she'll want to go back. The Rector came to our house a couple of Sundays ago, he just wanted to get to know us, he is a wonderful man! As soon as he walked in the door Noah ran up to him and said "C'mon, c'mon", he wanted to show him his room. The kids showed him their rooms and then Marc and I had a chance to sit down and talk with him. He will be baptizing Noah and Gia (finally) in June. Marc tested for Master Sgt a couple weeks ago. He studied so hard, I really hopes he makes it! We won't know until June. The house is coming along nicely, finally got our kitchen table and furniture for our downstairs living room. We ordered a swingset for the kids, Marc just picked it up on Mon. He has friends coming over this weekend to help put it together. In return when they get their swingsets he has to help them put theirs together :) Well, that's all I'm gonna write for now! Hopefully I can find time to blog again soon:)

No comments: