Sunday, June 20, 2010

YES! We are still here :)

Okay so didn't keep my promise to post more often. It's so incredibly hard to find time to do anything that doesn't revolve around the kids. It seems like Marc is gone more than he is here. He is usually traveling 1-2 weeks a month with the General and does an average of two dinner parties a month. Sometimes I feel like a single mom and it's exhausting and overwhelming at times. Anyways, besides that, all is good, the kids are doing well, growing fast. Ella graduated from Pre-K and is like a kid now as opposed to a Pre-schooler. It seems she is picking up new things everyday, she learned to swim and float on her back with just a little help from us. We are still going to put her in swimming lessons this summer to build her confidence in the water. Her writing skills are impeccable, such neat handwriting for such a little girl. She is so sweet and courteous. In fact we were shopping at the craft store the other day and in the checkout line ahead of us was a lady with a stroller, Ella asked me if she could go hold the door open for her and she did. She still has her moments, a few tantrums here & there but a doll none-the-less. Ah, Giana. My sweet little devil. What can I say? She is into everything, has a bit of an attitude, and is feisty but lovable and friendly. She talks to anyone and everyone when we are out. "Are you serious Mom?" is what she is always asking me. We're still working on the potty training, she was doing really well but has reverted a little bit, she will not poopy in the potty now. I don't know why but I do remember the same thing happened with Ella, except she was like 8 months younger :/ Noah is still my sweet baby boy, such a cuddle bug! He's talking, he repeats a lot of what we say but not as clearly as the girls did at his age. Boy thing I guess. He is a comedian and very dramatic. Whenever we tell hi "NO" he lays on the floor and cries. It's hard not to laugh. He's really clingy too, always wants to be with me but that's ok:) He's still nursing, the weaning has not gone very well. It was so smooth and natural with the girls, but then again I was pregnant both times. So I'm not going to force it, I mean there is nothing more nourishing for him so I'll just wait and maybe he'll lose interest. Um, oh and you haven't heard, we got a puppy. Yes, I know we are crazy! And at times I think I'm going to go crazy. But we've been wanting a good family dog, one that could grow with our kids and although it will be tough the outcome will be worth it.
So for now, I'll just post some pics from the highlights of the past 2 months and hopefully I can keep up a little better this time. Our blog is very important to me because it's become a 3 yr scrapbook of our lives and I hate to have such huge lapses.
So bare with me and continue to check out our blog!
(Sorry they are in random order)

We went pretend camping

Painting!

Father's Day cake I made for Marc (it's a golfball)

El walking to get her diploma

Our big girl

Noah has no fear of the water

Graduation cake I made for Ella

Family pic

We spent a few days in Palm Coast with Gina, Ryan & finally met our niece Julia!

Marc received his Pro Chef Certification from the Culinary Institute of America

Harley at 3 1/2 months

Harley when we got him on Mothers Day at 10 weeks

El's last soccer game of the season

No comments: