Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Noah Buffalo




It's hard to believe that our baby boy is 1 today! This past year has gone by so fast, it really does seem like just yesterday that we held him in our arms for the first time. I have come to realize that there is nothing better than those quiet moments when you watch your baby play or accomplish a new feat. I've been so fortunate to have many of those moments with 3 children, but as I watch Noah my heart melts. I look back on my pregnancy, the months that I spent consumed with worry, in the beginning it was "how in the world will I manage 3 small children?" 2 was difficult enough, especially amidst a move that would lead us further away from family and friends. I always kept in mind "God doesn't give you more than you can handle". Then in the last trimester, the unimaginable words of "abnormal ultrasound", "down syndrome", "heart defects", "amnio at this point would be too risky". The worrying, at times, had become overwhelming. No matter what he would be loved, but its strange to think that just one year and 8 hours ago we did not know whether or not our baby boy would be healthy. In the few seconds that it took to find out that he was perfect, I had already fallen madly in love. He is such blessing, and I thank God for all that he has blessed me with. 3 beautiful children and a loving, strong and supportive husband. Happy Birthday Noah, we love you!

3 comments:

2p said...

Thanks for bringing tears to my eyes, really needed that this morning!

Happy birthday, Noah!

akwaczala said...

Happy Birthday Noah!! Will have to celebrate when we see you next.
Love,
Aunt Annette and Uncle Dennis

Marisa said...

Happy Birthday Noah!