Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just some family updates...

Well things have been a little crazy around here the past couple of weeks. Marc had knee surgery about a week and a half ago. He's had problems with his knee for quite some time now (old sports injury) and he's been putting off surgery but thought he better take care of it before the baby comes. He's doing well now, still recovering and in physical therapy. Although he tried to help with the girls when he could, it was hard taking care of them on my own as well as helping him.
The girls are doing well. Gia was scheduled to go to the Endocrinologist at the beginning of the month, but when I took her for her 15 month appt. she had grown an amazing 3 inches and gained 2 lbs. in just 3 months! Although she is still small the doctor was shocked by the tremendous growth spurt and said we could cancel the appt. with the specialist. That was a relief. She is talking a bit, her newest word is Zebra and it's the cutest thing to hear her say it. She is signing a lot which is so helpful. She is my cuddlebug, she does this thing where she wraps her tiny arms around my neck and then kisses me on the lips over and over. She is so loving but she can be a brute at times which I suppose is to be expected when you're the little sister. Ella is well 3, fighting for her independence, wanting to do everything herself like getting dressed and insisting on making her own PB&J sandwiches even though she doesn't like PB and only eats the bread that has jelly on it. She is doing well in dance class, can write her name and knows all her letters. They are growing so fast.
I'm well, still tired and achy, and wondering if our little boy will be coming early. I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions which I didn't have with either of the girls and a lot of lower back pain but I guess we'll see.
I also just wanted to say "Congrats" to my brother and his wife who had a little boy, Ian Fisher on October 16th and to my friend from DC Dana and her husband Josh who also had a little boy, Henry just a few days ago. And welcome home to Carolyn's husband Adam who was deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq!
That's it for now!

No comments: