I've been trying to keep Ella's day full with activities to distract her. Yesterday I took her to Chuck E. Cheese. She behaved well but when I told her we had to leave of course she got upset so I told her I didn't have any more money she yelled "Yes you do, it's in your wallet!" :P
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Ella the Terrible (Two almost Three)
Ella has been, how can I put it? Unbearable these past few days. A reflection of her age and strive for independence I suppose. Everything is a battle, for instance she tells me she wants Cheerios for breakfast, I pore Cheerios in her bowl then she drops to floor crying and screams "I don't want Cheerios". 15 years working with kids, childhood development classes and conferences and my own toddler has had in me tears out of frustration and desperation. I know, every mother goes through it and they survive but that doesn't make this period any easier. My saving grace has been that Carolyn has been going through the exact same thing with Sean,as he and Ella are only a few weeks apart in age. Talking with her brings me some relief in that I am not alone and my child probably isn't the spawn of the devil:)
I've been trying to keep Ella's day full with activities to distract her. Yesterday I took her to Chuck E. Cheese. She behaved well but when I told her we had to leave of course she got upset so I told her I didn't have any more money she yelled "Yes you do, it's in your wallet!" :P



I've been trying to keep Ella's day full with activities to distract her. Yesterday I took her to Chuck E. Cheese. She behaved well but when I told her we had to leave of course she got upset so I told her I didn't have any more money she yelled "Yes you do, it's in your wallet!" :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment